Gondwana Choirs invites you to join Lyn Williams AM and Paul Jarman as they deliver practical tools and tips for getting composers involved with your choir. This session is a guide for anyone who’s ever thought about engaging with composers, or is interested in learning about the benefits for your choir, ensembles, students, fellow teachers and the wider community – and the journey of commissioning new works and school anthems.
The session includes discussions on:
- How you can commission your first piece?
- What can be achieved by having a composer in residence?
- What does the composer do when they come to your school – do they live in your classroom?! How the composers understanding of, and engagement with your community throughout the whole process of the new commission makes it even more exciting and rewarding!
• The long term benefits of artist in residence programs for society.
• How do you involve young people in the creative process?
Cost: $30 + booking fees