Presented by The Pearl and Dagger Company, The Raven features music and melodrama of the Victorian and Edwardian eras.Romantic, dark and a little bit surreal, this concert will feature Edgar Allen Poe’s cult-status poem The Raven set for narrator and solo piano by English composer, Stanley Harry Hawley in 1899. Singer and actor Owen Elsley will be performing The Raven along with early keyboard specialist Esther YaeJi Kim.
Interspersed with the dramatic scenes are chamber works for piano and strings including the seldom performed and impassioned Phantasie for piano trio by Alice Verne Bredt, and Frank Bridge’s Three Idylls for String Quartet.
The Pearl and Dagger Company performs historic works that blend music and theatre. Artistic directors Imogen Granwal and Tara Hashambhoy are musicians who collaborate with a range of artists including actors, visual artists, dancers and musicians in order to create period performances that take their audience back through time. Concerts are BYO and simple snack plates are available at cost-price.
▪ The Raven for solo piano and narrator by Stanley Harry Hawley, words by Edgar Allen Poe
▪ Lenore for solo piano and narrator by Stanley Harry Hawley, words by Edgar Allen Poe
▪ Phantasie for Piano Trio by Alice Verne Bredt
▪ 3 Idylls for String Quartet H.67 by Frank Bridge
▪ Piano – Ester YaeJi Kim
▪ Narrator – Owen Elsley
▪ Fiona Zeigler & Rebecca Gill (Violins) Tara Hashambhoy (Viola) Imogen Granwall (Cello)
Tickets: Adult $45| Concession $35 | Concession and children under 15 years. (Under 6 on lap free)|Group of 6 $210 | Buy 6 tickets and save 20% on the price of adult tickets
Click here to book.