Baritone Alexander Knight and pianist Chris Cartner present a recital of Songs from England and Russia, featuring a selection of Art Songs as well as music for piano.
Alexander Knight recently performed in Faure’s Requiem, presented by the Sydney Chamber Choir and performed in the chorus of Opera Australia’s recent production of Eugene Onegin.
- E. Elgar (1857-1934): “Salut d’amour”, op.12
- G. Finzi (1901-1956): “Let Us Garlands Bring” (Five Songs for Baritone and Piano)
- A. Scriabin (1872-1915): Étude in C# minor, op.2 no.1
- A. Scriabin (1872-1915): Étude in D# minor, op.8 no.12
- S. Rachmaninoff (1873-1943): Prelude in D major – andante cantabile, op.23 no.4
- S. Rachmaninoff (1873-1943): Prelude in G minor – alla marcia, op.23.no.5
- Six songs: “A Dream”; “In the Silent Night”; “The Little Island”; “Spring Waters”; “I Wait for You”; “I’m No Prophet”
- D. Elwyn-Edwards (1918-2012): “The Cloths of Heaven”
Tickets $25 (concession $20)